Monday, April 25, 2011

Closings and beginnings

Cleaned out my room and semi-packed. Got a used car with great gas mileage. Filled out my application and registration papers for the internship. Come May 20th, I am off for Bend : )

My heart is so eager to just get there, get there, get there.. But I know there is purpose to this time as much as when I'll start missions work in summer. It's simply a challenge to seek out His doing in how to glorify Him while I'm still here.

A few months ago, I felt "ready" to leave my hometown. I still felt split about leaving a place I felt at home with, but was growing distant from in needs and desires. Now, I am over-and-over again shown with convictions of the heart and spirit that I am called elsewhere. My needs are going to be met in a place He is preparing for me, and where He, too, is eagerly awaiting for me to come and take part in community, fellowship, worship, and revelation for the kingdom.

"Patience, Emily. You are SO very close. Let my love here and now be enough to satisfy what you lack and thirst for. Prepare yourself for one of the many journeys of your lifetime."

Gives me shivers hearing His voice in all this, and knowing in the gut of my soul that He is carefully planning my future and so lovingly bringing the time closer where it will be right before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment