Thursday, February 3, 2011

This week has been an eye opener, to say the least-- I've broken down and cried about all things school and "I HATE my situation", etc.; taken a nap when I needed to be studying for Geology, and been asking God countless questions of WHY, and WHEN?

WHY am I here, in this time and place, without things I thought I needed to survive- Close friendships, church messages that I can relate to, a driver's liscence??

WHEN, O Lord, will I feel things 'fall into place' enough for me to know what to pursue- What dream takes hold of heart enough to reach for it at full throttle?

Well, at least that's been the whiny "God, where are you?" side of me for the week. He is present in the things I so easily dismiss. He IS giving me the daily bread I need to survive and thrive on.

In the applications/future/ YWAM plans department, I am exceedingly excited to finish up my applications, send them off, and hear back from my top two or three choices (now in Wisconsin: http://www.ywammadison.org/dts/kids-at-risk/ and Colorado: http://www.ywamsf.org/dtsjusticeandmercy.html) I am having a more difficult time then I thought I would with answering some of the spiritual questions from one application. (But, I'm impressed with their gesture to include this in the application! Definitely made me want to pursue this one as my top choice!)

I got bored after a midterm (!!! First time I've been able to be bored all term!!), and found these pictures- One of a YWAM class (my heart just lept for joy at this one- It makes me so excited and joyful to know there is some form of this kind of learning to follow my time here!)
Aaaand, a dorky school picture, which I thought was hilarious. Reminds me of my dorky, way-to-analytical geology lab partners.

Lord, you lead me in ways I don't fully know until I've made the actual step. Let this be true with school- That either during or after my time finishing this associates degree, you would reveal yourself , your changes made in me-- May I be encouraged by this, enough to be reminded that my time, my resources, my work here- Is truly NOT my own. You make this mind think, these hands do good works, and this voice speak your truth. May all that be done, while hallowed is Your name.

My day IS yours.



















Reminder to me, in recent times of worry over finances for YWAM:
No matter how much support we have, our problems with finances haven't been solved until we are determined to do the Lord's will with a joyful heart, whether or not we have money. God will be very cautious about releasing finances to us if we haven't dealt with this issue.
--Jim Stier, 'Money is Not the Problem'

http://www.missionaryfundraiser.com/ywam-support-raising-thoughts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment