Thursday, January 27, 2011

Forward

As far as I can tell, this older man walks his dog most everyday.
Without fail, without worry, but in perfect stride with a routine of devout intention
On meeting needs.

I, who struggle to clean that stray plate or schedule that dentist appointment,
am at first, jealous of assumed "time" to enjoy this finery- "Oh, how I wish I could do the same."
Next; pinned to the wall with conviction-"Wait-- this is a choice made, aside from restrictions."
And finally, "Oh, how I wish I would do this."
A lack of want and effort, inside man-made confines of "schedule" take the blame.

Resources are really useless, if not yoked to a purpose of both heart AND mind.
So, Lord-- Would you once again, make me thirsty for the 'wants' that make my soul a faithful kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment