Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Provisions. Prayer. and Solitude.

I'm completely astounded at what God's done this summer. And what He's going to do with complete faithfulness this fall.

...Got a job. Back at Joann fabrics September 1st :)
Went in because I wanted to "cover my bases" for all job opps. possible. The manager, who was conveniently working at the front, remembered me from a resume I turned in mid-April, and hired me on the spot. "Oh, it's you! We need to meet sometime this week to fill out your paperwork. How does starting in the beginning of September sound?" Needless to say, a heavy sigh of relief escaped my chest, which I didn't know had welled up to such an amount. I was trusting that God would provide, but WOW, what a provision. One of many.

...Plugged into the college group- Sunday nights and Tuesday night girls' bible studies. The group is small, possibly going to grow as fall makes its way around... But I love it. The people are there with purpose; Bend is not known for being a college-town (even though it has amazing potential to be one, someday...), and the nights are held far north of town. These people want to be here, to be growing, nurtured, and in fellowship, whether over pizza or deep conversations. This Sunday, it was both. It feels natural and familiar to be there; this is something I wasn't expecting in such fullness, or right away. But He's granted it, to my absolute awe.

And all I have to say about these things is hallelujah. Over and over, every day.


"I could climb a mountain
Swim the ocean
Or do anything
But it's when you hold me
That I start unfolding
And all I can say is

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah" Bethany Dillon, 'Hallelujah'

I'm truly bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. And it's astoundingly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment