Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness is what I long for

The simplest act of kindness impressed me today; after pouring myself a cappuccino in the cafeteria, I couldn't find my 5 dollar bill... A lady struck up a conversation with me about the coffee beans they use, and before I knew it, she was paying for my coffee. I really appreciated her heart- just looking for a conversation, but didn't back out of an opportunity to serve. I love that.
Thanks for your boldness within her, Lord.

I am thankful for how you are present in my Philosophy of Religion class. I reach a point every session where I think, "Lord, this is just STUPID. All this is about is ignoring you- Going in circles with no answers..." But, apart from the fact that this is just my perspective- (Loads of people have come to Christ through some kind of logical reasoning), and that I have been so blessed to grow up in a family of believers---- Apart from all this--- The Holy Spirit will prove present in someway. Almost immediately. One outspoken gal raised her hand just to say, "What's the point in that.. Or the point of all this, anyway? What do we have to DO with ourselves, to live for?" She spoke with such sincerity and fragility- As though she knew we didn't have answers; her rhetorical question was simple proof that the Lord is softening hearts.

And that's that for today- Profound moments where I could see the Holy Spirit alive and at work. I'm so grateful that you allow us to see and participate in such things, Lord- as minuscule and meaningless as they might seem- they fill me with such joy and peace that you are faithful to answer prayers. It encourages me to keep in prayer for such things to turn hearts to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment