Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Elementary, my dear Watson"= barf

"When I was your age..."
"Well, don't you worry- God will show you the way; God will provide..."
"Oh, you should check in with my friend so-and-so and such-and-such college..."

I feel like reading the book I Kissed College Searching Goodbye.
Throw in the towel and make the decision I want to make, without anyone's help or introspective.

I don't know how much longer I can take talking with people about my future plans- I'm growing cold about the way they comment, critique, try to help me along, or simply won't STOP talking about the process. How do I put up a friendly but forceful demeanor that shows I don't want to hear about certain people's past experiences, advice, or say about my choices, or POSSIBLE choices, at that.

Lord, you have COMPLETE control over all this word demands of me in these next few months- You understand through experience how my mind, heart, and this world works-- You empathise and follow me on this journey greater than anyone here can. And for that I thank you and fall back on your guidance and touch of peace through the Holy Spirit.

I've done and have yet to do so much research work- People's little tidbits of knowledge and wisdom they can throw on me are now pricking holes in my sensitivity bubble. Back off, or God, give me a presence and toleration ability of steel- I'm simply tired of hearing over and over again what I already know and am workin g to act upon while going out of my way not to think about or over analyze possibilities too much-- God does know and will provide; I just don't want anyone to lead me through this besides Him and the people I have asked to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment