Thursday, March 10, 2011

wrestling match

i have this habit
i know we all do...
but i recognize it as excessive
and i'm noticing it's choke on me

i think too much
don't pray enough
but expect a path to clear
and lay itself before me

then when one DOES appear...
is it really there?
is it valid, or am i hoping it up in my head or my heart?

honest and truly.
wish someone would shake me hard,
give me a map,
and send me off to learn a little
humilityfaithempathygratefullness....
contentedness in the compass i DO have.

i take it all for granted.
and am writhing at that conceit
but don't want to leave the ground;
too afraid to lose my homestead-feet.

i want adventure, but at what risk, Lord?
anxious and worried to live in my old homes,
shutting out the new and undiscovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment